SEO or rather, search engine optimization is a process of designing, writing, coding, scripting and programming you do to make sure that your website gets seen by as many people as possible, by improving your website’s ranking on Google’s search engine results. Increasing and keeping traffic on your website is crucial for the survival and success of the website. People who are familiar with the best techniques to successfully promote your website in the free or organic search results of the major search engines are called SEO experts. So, why should you bother to hire a SEO?
SEO expert is a multidisciplinary person with a lot of experience in understanding the process of ranking websites on global and local search engines. Search engines, like Google, daily change and improve algorithms for ranking websites in order to differentiate relevant and important information from spam and the people analyzing these algorithms are SEO experts. The SEO potential is, however, as high as the quality of the business or website, so the expert is there to help that the website ranks appropriately where an unbiased customer would expect to see your site. If you do decide to hire a SEO, do it right.
There are some information you should obtain before hiring a SEO. First, the SEOs description of the problem that needs to be solved, and the stuff that needs to be improved to help with ranking. Also, the approach they are willing to use to attain this goal. By acquiring these two pieces of information you can save yourself from hiring a poor SEO that will potentially implement shady practices on your website that will eventually result in a reduction in search rankings. SEO should be able to identify with customers and people who are searching for things in your area and have empathy for their needs and have a proper way of filing those needs. That is a great sign that someone will be a valuable contributor to your business or website.
There are essentially six variables to consider for doing well in the search engines:
- Keywords: the terms people type into the search box when trying to find something in the search engine. By knowing which keywords to use, and by using the right ones, you ensure to reach the right people.
- Content: so bassically, the text, images and video that can be found on the website. The text should have the keywords that are going to convince the search engines that your page is a good match for those keywords.
- Optimization: this goes for how and where the keywords are placed, the kind of coding you use for the content, etc.
- Submissions: how you get the search engines to find your site.
- Link: links pointing to your site and between pages in your site.
- Time: new websites get poorer rankings for a while after they first launched.
So in conclusion, take your time to find and get to know the SEO experts you are about to hire and their plans and approaches. Eventually, that will pay off by making your site or business competent on the market.